Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 4

I think the effects of the anesthesia are finally gone because I can finally concentrate, which I wasn't able to do the first couple of days. So now I can start reading/watching Netflix/Interneting whichever.

Note the roll of paper towels:
They are essential
My swelling has definitely gone down, but I honestly still feel really compressed and now there's bruising that's showing up and my neck is kind of stiff, so I guess it's a compromise. Those are my only complaints though. I haven't needed any pain medication yet, which I am happy about because that Lortab is nasty stuff. It's like cinnamon cherry flavored in the worst way. I guess when I become less numb I'll probably need something. Feeling is slowly returning: I can feel my top lip and half of my nose, but it's layered if that makes any sense. Like sensation hasn't returned completely, but everything is tingly.

I walked my dogs today, which was only a struggle because they started pulling in the end and I don't think it would be good for me to jog. Don't want to jostle anything around, though like I said, I feel pretty compressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment