Monday, June 8, 2015

Day 3

Gourd
My ears and throat probably are what hurt the most right now, discounting my overall general discomfort due to the unnatural size of my face. I think I look a bit like a gourd, actually. I like the compression thing though just because it feels like it's holding my head together.

Eating has been a bit of a struggle. It's probably just me, but I feel like whenever I drink too much milk it gets harder to swallow and everything in my mouth gets super thick - gross, right - so I kind of just want to avoid milk products. I've been eating chicken soup my mom made and blended in the Vitamix which actually tastes really good. I really haven't been all that hungry though, unless you count this craving for pizza.

My lips started peeling, not that I can feel it so I've been q-tipping them and using this medicated ointment I bought and that seems to be helping. My parents say they looked painfully chapped after surgery, so I guess it's to be expected.

I have a follow-up doctor appointment on Wednesday that I'm looking forward too, hopefully because by that point my swelling will have started to go down and then also maybe I'll be able to open my mouth a bit more? 

No comments:

Post a Comment