Monday, November 14, 2016

17 Month Update/ Day 530: UNFETTERED!

12/18/10 - I'm the one with the teeth
Even though this picture is from 2010, it's one of the better ones that showcases what my bite was like before surgery. That's me actually biting down or trying to at least. Also, it's sepia because it's so olde.

I kind of miss my open bite in a weird way because it was like my fun fact. It wasn't inconvenient, it wasn't painful - doctors just told me that if I didn't fix it, it would be the biggest regret of my life, etc. etc.

I don't know if they would have been right, but I mean, why risk a life of pain and discomfort? And even if they were wrong, it sure is a lot easier to eat a slice or three of pizza now. And it's just very satisfying to be able to completely bite through something as opposed to biting and tearing - fruit being the main example, but sandwiches and cheesesticks come to mind as well.

11/14/2016 - Brace free!
So now my braces are off. After 3+ years, I'm so happy. I literally went home and ate an apple without slicing it and I almost cried it was just so beautiful.

Despite my joy, I'm also having a bit of an identity crisis, like, whose teeth are these? Because I've never seen them naked with my bite fixed, it's just startling whenever I look in the mirror.

I do have a retainer for the top and bottom of my teeth. It's basically Invisalign. I have it on in the picture and I don't think you can really tell. They told me to wear it full time for four months and then just at night for the rest of my life or else my teeth will revert. Eh. We'll see.

So, I guess that's it. I'm done!😂😋🙌

Oh, before I go: I never regained full feeling on the right side of my chin, the right side of my lower lip is still partially numb, and the roof of my mouth right behind my front teeth is still completely numb. But honestly, it's not a big deal. I've adjusted and they'll probably be my new fun facts. Cheerio!


06/05/2015
06/05/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment