Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Day 48

So almost 7 weeks post-op and I've been given the OK to go back to an unrestricted diet. YAY! It'll take a bit of practice before I'm able to eat foods like almonds again, but I'm excited regardless.

07/22/2015                      02/12/2015
When I got home the first thing I did was try to eat this crunchy chocolate graham cracker cookie and it felt like I was biting hard, but it was really difficult to bite a piece off. I still haven't gotten used to biting into things  with my front teeth. It just feels wrong, but at the same time it's a lot more convenient than biting sideways.

My doctor said that at this point the osteotomy has healed and it should take 6 to 9 more months of braces to finish this whole process.

Overall I still think I'm a bit swollen, looking at pre-surgery pictures of myself, but it's hard to tell because I've gotten used to looking this way. My mouth is still numb, but there has been a slight improvement with my chin, though not so much with my lower lip. De-numbing is a slow process.

From the surgery itself I have two scars, kind of. They're just little red marks on the sides of my cheeks from where they put screws in. They're not that noticeable and I don't mind them.

I'm actually really excited right now. I think I'll make some popcorn and watch a movie. And I'll cut up an apple. The possibilities!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment