Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 41

07/15/2015
So, with the removal of my splint last week, it took me a while to realize that the whole roof of my mouth is completely numb. I literally poked around some more and discovered that the entire inside of my mouth (except for my tongue) is numb. I feel like this is normal though...

I think this is actually a really cool thing because I can't feel hot or cold, so theoretically, I can never burn myself on hot drinks again! More or less. Maybe. The point is that the numbness inside my mouth is less noticeable/uncomfortable than the numbness of my lower lip. It also makes my braces more bearable for sure, what with not noticing any sharp wire ends and such.

Let's see... Today I went to the orthodontist and got a wire thing put in the roof of my mouth to keep it from shifting. I asked how long it would be in and they said for the remainder of my treatment!? I hope that's not true because I can tell that it's going to be a pain to keep clean and it makes it difficult to speak. It gives me a slight lisp, but I'll probably learn how to talk around it at some point.

My diet now is basically normal, except that I don't eat things like apples, celery, or corn-on-the-cob. Anything soft or thin or semi-soft I eat or attempt to eat.

Activity wise I feel like I'm back to normal with exercising and sports. It probably wouldn't be good if I were to get hit in the face with a volleyball or something, but barring that from happening, I'm back to my old self.

No comments:

Post a Comment